Thoughts from Steve
Case Study: Mountain Trout Camp
Mountain Trout Camp is the recipient of Two Camping in Ontario Awards for Website of the Year (2010, 2012). The easy to find website has enabled the campground to reduce off-site advertising costs.
Mountain Trout Camp - Campground
I was contacted by Ron and Kathie Parker in late 2009. As the new owners of the campground they were in desparate need of a that would attract visitors to their out-of-the-way campground. A structured, easy-to-navigate website was completed and launched in early 2010 and was quickly visible online on the first page of the Google Search Engine Results for multiple keyword phrases and words. The online exposure allowed Mountain Trout Camp to capture a new generation of campers and communicate their love and expertise of the Northern Bruce Peninsula area.
Quickly create an effective online presence from nothing.
Key Parts on Websites
- Social Media - the owners have used Facebook and Twitter to share info and interact with current campers as well as the target market they are seeking to attract.
- Responsive Template - a flexible design that makes it easier to see on various screen sizes.
- Easy navigation - help visitors find the information that they want as quickly as possible.
- YouTube Video - used to share info about the park, things to do in the area and rental information
- New Photos - photos were updated and shared not only on the website but also on Flickr account.
- Offsite Website Optimization - links from key online directories were submitted so that additional online dvertising costs were not needed (ie. Google Adwords) to drive traffic to the website.
- WINNER - Camping in Ontario Website of the Year Award (2010, 2012)
- Campground increased site visitors
- Reduced expenditures on off-site advertising
- Campground full on long weekends and much of the summer
- Strong following on both Facebook and Twitter (based on interaction with campers)
Analytics from April 1-September 30, 2013
As you look at the trends for the 6 month period, you'll see the ebb and flow of the visits during the key camping season. Of particular interest is the week prior to a long weekend.