Thoughts from Steve
Case Study: Bass Lake Park
With over 44,000 pageviews in a 6 month period, the Bass Lake Park Website was a Key to filling the Campground during the summer of 2013.
Bass Lake Park - Campground
I was contacted by Wayne and Christy shortly after they purchased Bass Lake Park. They orginially had planned to keep a website that they had created but the website was not driving traffic to their campground and time was running out for filling the campground for the summer of 2011. As a result, I was contacted in May of 2011 through a connectiong that they had through Mountain Trout Camp. Within a few short weeks I had the website up and running with easy navigation and optimized to be found through searches on Google.
Key Parts on Websites
- Responsive Template - a flexible design that makes it easier to see on various screen sizes.
- Easy navigation - help visitors find the information that they want as quickly as possible.
- YouTube Video - introduced site visitors to the benefits of Camping at Bass Lake Park
- New Photos - photos were updated and shared not only on the website but also on Flickr account.
- Offsite Website Optimization - links from key online directories were submitted so that added advertising costs were not needed (ie. Google Adwords)
- Onsite Optimization - Two challenges I needed to overcome were 1) the word campground is not in the name of the park but a search term that visitors would use to find the Campground, and 2) There are several campgrounds and lakes using the name Bass Lake.
Key Results - April 1-September 30, 2013
- Over 44,000 Pageviews
- Just short of 10,000 Unique Visitors to the website
- Located on the Page 1 of Google Search Results for several keyword phrases.
Analytics from April 1-September 30, 2013
As you look at the trends for the 6 month period, you'll see the ebb and flow of the visits during the key camping season. Of particular interest is the week prior to a long weekend.
Before and After Photos
This is what the Bass Lake Park Website prior to the launch of the new website
Screenshot Capatures - October 2013